Join the Team
Join the team
We are actively recruiting new members to the team.
Seeking Postdoctoral Fellow in Neuroimaging and Machine Learning
The lab is looking for a postdoctoral fellow. The successful candidate will leverage a large neuroimaging dataset to develop methods for automatic assessment of vascular pathology on MRI, with a focus on age-related dementias. The desired candidate is a motivated individual willing to work in a highly collaborative and multidisciplinary environment. The candidate is also expected to work closely with research teams with expertise in image segmentation, machine learning and AI, and will have opportunities to build on these skills.
Education and experience requirements
- Ph.D. in neuroscience, biomedical engineering, or related field
- Expertise in Python programming
- Expertise in machine learning
- Experience with structural MRI analysis, with a focus on brain vascular pathology (T2*, FLAIR)
- Demonstrable experience in statistical analysis (SPSS, R, Nilearn/Nistats, or other)
- Capable of independent work, with ability to drive own projects and troubleshoot on a daily basis
- Organized and team-oriented, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Publication record in peer-reviewed journals, with good writing skills
- Experience researching age-related dementias
What we offer
- Financial support for at least 2 years. The applicant will be assisted in applying for personal fellowships
- A highly motivated team working with a strong network of national/international collaborators
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure in a world-renowned research environment
- Dedicated training programs to enhance personal skills, for example in advanced neuroimaging, AI and open science
Start date and salary
The position is currently available in the laboratory of Professor AmanPreet Badhwar, at the Centre de Recherche de l’Institut Universitaire de Gériatrie de Montréal, Université de Montréal, Montréal, Canada. Candidates must be a Canadian citizen/permanent resident or be eligible to work in Canada (after obtaining an appropriate visa).
Applicants should submit a cover letter outlining how they reach the stated criteria, their research interests and experience, together with a CV, transcripts, and contact information for two reference writers. Please send as a single PDF via email with the subject heading “ApplicantName_Postdoctoral_Applicant” to Professor AmanPreet Badhwar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
MSc and PhD positions are available for talented and enthusiastic graduate students who satisfy the Université de Montréal admission requirements. Students will need to register at the Department of Pharmacology and Physiology at Université de Montréal, or another department that Dr. Badhwar has affiliations with. Background in neuroscience, bioinformatics, machine learning, and/or strong molecular skills are all assets.
Applicants should submit a cover letter stating their research interests and experience, together with a CV, transcripts, and contact information for two reference writers. Please send as a single PDF via email with the subject heading “ApplicantName_Graduate_Applicant” to Dr. AmanPreet Badhwar at email@example.com. Candidates must be a Canadian citizen/permanent resident or be eligible to study in Canada (after obtaining an appropriate visa).
Internships are available for motivated students completing their undergraduate degree at Université de Montréal. For consideration, please contact Dr. AmanPreet Badhwar at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “ApplicantName_Undergraduate_Applicant” and the following information: CV, your year, your GPA, any relevant coursework/experience/background information, and why you are interested in joining the lab.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI)
We thank all candidates for their interest in these positions. However, we will only contact selected applicants. Through its Equal Access Employment Program, the CIUSSS duCentre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal, the Université de Montréal, and the lab invites women, Aboriginal people, visible and ethnic minorities, as well as persons with disabilities to apply. During the recruitment process, our selection tools will be adapted to meet the needs of people with disabilities who request it. Be assured of the confidentiality of this information.